Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sleeping Baby Shower Cake

Here is a cake done up for a baby shower, the client sent me pics of a previous shower she attended that had cupcakes done up with little babys on top under blankets- and challenged me to make it in the giant form! So here was my take- by the time I was finished I had quite the crush on this little guy (or girl), and was sad to see it go!

Happy Baby Shower Nicole!

The cake is vanilla with vanilla buttercream, and homemade MMF. The baby is rice krispies decorated with fondant and gumpaste.

1 comment:

  1. Jen you did a fantastic job with this cake - I kept the soother, bear, and rubber duckie as keepsakes for the baby. Everyone loved it and couldn't stop talking about it, thanks so much for a perfect cake! - Nicole (Mother-to-be!)

    ReplyDelete